GREAT NEWS! Delmar College Calgary is offering First Period Exam Prep Bootcamps! Click to learn more!

Checklist for International Students

When you receive your letter of acceptance from Delmar College of Hair and Esthetics:
  • Apply for a Study Permit (and Visa, if required) at the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate
  • Review for tips on avoiding delays in study permit processing
  • Make travel arrangements: book flights
  • Make banking arrangements: transfer money, purchase traveler's cheques, get credit cards
  • Register for classes
  • Arrange for accommodation 
  • Arrange for private health care insurance (if you are planning to be in Canada for less than 12 months)
Important Note:
Carry all required entry documents with you when you travel to Canada.  Do NOT pack them in your suitcase. These include: passport (with visa, if required), immigration letter authorizing your Study Permit, and your Delmar College of Hair and Esthetics letter of acceptance.
When you arrive in Canada:
  • Provide all required entry documents to the Canada Immigration officer on arrival
  • Contact your family to tell them you have arrived safely
  • Attend an International Student Orientation Program with our International Student Advisor
  • Get a student I.D. card (available through our International Student Advisor)
  • Open a bank account
  • Register for Alberta Health Care (if you are going to be in Canada for more than 12 months)
  • Get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) (necessary if you will be working on campus or with an off-campus work permit)
  • Register for classes (if you did not do this before your arrival)

contact us

or Call us

latest blog post

OUR PROGRAMS | Copyright © 2015 Delmar College of Hair and Esthetics. All Rights Reserved.
Calgary - Main Campus T: 1-403-264-8055 or 1-888-264-2422 | F: 1-403-264-8050
Calgary - Esthetics T: 403-255-6644 | Red Deer - Main Campus T: 403-347-2018 | Red Deer - Esthetics T: 403-347-2070